Today I finally managed to get the calendar on my E62 to sync with our Oracle Calendar installation. Despite the fact that we have SSL-enabled authentication for our SyncML server, I couldn’t get that to work, so I’m sadly authenticating insecurely to the calendar (luckily it’s a separate password from everything else).
Here’s how I did it:
Interestingly enough, on the E62 the Sync application is in the Office folder. Within Sync I set up a new Sync Profile, called Oracle cal.
Under Applications in that profile, I defined Calendar settings to:
– Include in sync: Yes
– Remote database: ./Calendar/Events
– Synchronization type: Normal
I defined Connection Settings as:
– Server version: 1.1
– Data bearer: Internet
– Access Point: Always ask
– Host address: http://ctime-as.cac.washington.edu/ocst-bin/ocas.fcgi
– Port: 80
– User name: my Oracle Cal user name
– Password: my Oracle Cal password
– Allow sync requests: Yes
– Accept all sync reqs: Yes
– Network authentic: No
Your mileage may vary.