I worked in the central IT group at the University of Washington from 1994 until 2010.
Executive Director, Strategic Initiatives, UW Technology (2008 – 2010)
I led major strategic technology initiatives at the Universuty.
- I spearheaded the development and initial implementation of IT service management processes, creating sustainable and transparent methods for managing technology services.
- Managed creation and development of online technology service catalog.
- Oversaw development of strategic initiative to define critical IT services.
- Provided technology expertise to University leadership on a range of information policy issues including e-discovery, privacy, copyright, peer-to-peer file sharing, and social networking technology.
Executive Director, Emerging Technology, Computing & Communications (2006 – 2008)
I created and led a small dynamic team providing innovative ideas for integrating new technology and technology strategies.
- Orchestrated creation of policy and priority-setting for the campus-wide wireless network deployment, bringing wireless connectivity to 40,000 students and 20,000 staff and faculty.
- Propelled the adoption of cloud-based computing resources for the enterprise.
- Served as evangelist for building local and national awareness of UW technology efforts through presentations at conferences, networking and use of social networking tools.
- Led pilot projects in academic units including engineering, education, medical, architecture, marketing and communications.
Director, Client Services and Learning Technologies (2004 – 2006)
Assistant Director, Information Systems (1994 – 2004)
I directed staff of 40 professionals and 50 students providing help desk, consulting, software development, desktop support, computer labs, software licensing, and technology training for an environment of 60,000 students, faculty, and staff.
- Led design and implementation of successful new support processes to streamline handling of support requests, enable tracking of response metrics, and decrease average response time.
- Spearheaded formation of a group of campus technology directors to facilitate major shifts in organization-wide technology strategies. Facilitated monthly meetings.
- Managed $1.5 million budget.